Earlier this year, I got a beautiful surprise.
Someone emailed me saying how my blog post, 32 Life Lessons That I Learned By Age 32, had a very positive impact on her, especially after going through some difficult life changes. At the bottom she wrote, “How awesome that Paulo Coelho shared it.”
Wait. Paulo Coehlo? My favorite writer, creator of the life changing and international bestselling book The Alchemist?! I got straight onto social media to make sure she wasn’t smoking something mind altering while writing to me.
She sure wasn’t! Paulo Coelho shared my work on Facebook and Twitter and even re-posted my article on his own personal blog. I screamed. Out loud. More than once. I may have woken up the entire neighbourhood (sorry, folks)!
When I was 19 my sister sent me a copy of The Alchemist as a birthday gift. This book has been one of the biggest influences on my life ever since. Quoting Coelho has been a frequent, joyous part of my adult life. I recommend it almost all of my clients. I couldn’t believe that a man I have admired, quoted and revered for almost all of my adult life Shared. My. Work. To over 28 million people. As it says in The Alchemist, “It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.” Dreams do come true, my friends. And because I have followed my bliss, creating this business that I love getting up to grow every single day, I believe I get rewards like this a lot along the way – little winks from the universe that I’m on the right track.
Oprah’s favorite quote from Coelho is, “When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
Because there are so many nuggets I love from this inspirational writer, I’m bursting at the seams to share my favourites with you:
1.”Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream.”
2. “The ship is safest in it’s port, but that’s not what ships were built for.”
3. “Haters are confused admirers who can’t understand why everyone loves you.”
4. “Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.”
5. “At a certain point in our lives, we lose control of what’s happening to us, and our live’s become controlled by fate. That’s the world’s greatist lie.”
6. “The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.”
7. “People are capable, at any time of their lives, of doing what they dream of.”
8. “One day you will wake up and there won’t be any more time do you the things you’ve always wanted. Do it now.”
What is your favourite quote or your favourite writer who inspires you? I live for quotes. Please share with me in the comments box below!